Being based in the nation’s capital, N-able Technologies has a certain amount of vested interest – if not nationalistic pride – in seeing managed services succeed in Canada. But Canada can be a nation that’s a little slower to pick up on the latest IT trends. So just how is the Canadian MSP market faring in 2010?
ChannelBuzz.ca sat down with president and CEO Gavin Garbutt at N-able’s 2010 Partner Summit in Scottsdale, Ariz. earlier this week to discuss just how the Canadian MSP market compares to the worldwide scene.
Also on the agenda: the sustainability of the explosive growth in number of managed devices the company’s MSPs have seen this year, and Garbutt’s assessment of the opportunity for moving managed services into the midmarket.
Look for part two of ChannelBuzz.ca’s video interview with Garbutt Monday, including the following topics:
- Customers increasingly ask for managed services by name. What does more customer pull mean for MSPs’ growth curves?
- The future of N-able’s “freemium” strategy.
- A rundown of three new offerings for the company’s MSPs.
- Why N-able views automation is the key to its future.
- Garbutt’s advice to solution providers.