Even in the short eighteen months since he’s joined Ingram Micro Canada as their first-ever dedicated director for the cloud business, Greg Onorpijenko has seen significant changes to the cloud business at Ingram, in the channel, and in the market in general.
It’s a change he started living yeas ago, when he captained a solution provider and himself bet the business on a then-radical approach of all cloud and services, and it’s continued as cloud has become something that’s a mainstream part of almost every solution, not a novelty or a perceived threat to partner business models.
We caught up with Onoprijenko to get the latest updates on this journey.
In this edition of the podcast, Onoprijenko discusses:
- executive changes at Ingram Micro, including the addition of some high-profile distribution cloud veterans;
- how his team in Canada is staffing up;
- the changing position of the cloud business within Ingram Micro as a whole;
- top opportunities for solution providers in the cloud today;
- his own experience as a solution provider going all-in on cloud and recurring revenues; and much more.