Tech Data Canada is expanding into the audio visual business, as the distributor brings its Maverick AV unit here to Canada.
Started in the U.K., and becoming a specialist unit across Europe before, Maverick is something of a boutique distributor within the distribution giant, a pure-play AV distributor with a reach into the breadth and depth of the larger Tech Data linecard.
This is the business unit’s second foray into the North American market, with Canada joining a U.S. branch of Maverick, which launched earlier this year.
In this edition of the podcast, we talk to Maverick and Tech Data Canada about the new business unit
John Sidwick, global head of Maverick, and Ed Galasso, vice president and general manager of Tech Data Canada, join us on the podcast. We discuss:
- the history of Maverick, and how it fits into the bigger picture at Tech Data;
- how it goes to market, and the types of partners it works with;
- its strategy for value-add and its differentiation;
- the Canadian opportunity for the audio visual market, and
- its plans for building up that market and connecting it to the channel.
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.