Larry Trevarthen of Epson discusses the company’s push to build a commercial channel, the company’s growing opportunity in the SMB space and more in this edition of the Podcast.
For its last edition of the year, the New Year’s Podcast Series welcomes Larry Trevarthen, director of business imaging for Epson, to the show.
2018 saw Epson continue to get closer to the channel, expanding from its North American roots in retail to embrace the commercial channel as it seeks to address its most significant opportunity and the channel’s greatest strength, the SMB market.
In this edition of the podcast, Trevarthen addresses:
- highlights in the business for Epson in 2018, including the introduction of new Workforce Enterprise products in the Canadian market;
- the company’s focus on building out commercial channels in North America and its commitment to fulfilling everything through partners;
- the advantages of being an inkjet-only vendor;
- the evolution of the acceptance of inkjet technology as we enter the third wave of business inkjet products;
- why it sees SMB as a growth opportunity;
- How its approach to business products allows partners to not miss out on the profitability of consumables by making sure they “get the ink attach up front”;
- the right partner fits for Epson, particularly in SMB;
- how Epson views the continuing evolution of the channel towards managed print; and
- the company’s plans for 2019 in Canada, including developments in both products and partnering.
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.